Eco-friendly weddings at Mapperton
We’ve taken steps to ensure that weddings at Mapperton will have a limited impact on the environment, as we are very mindful of both our carbon footprint and the importance of recycling wherever possible.
When we designed the Coach House we installed a biomass boiler system which means that all the heating and hot water is generated from a renewable energy source. You are welcome to see the system as part of your visit here.
But there are other ways in which we are minimising our ecological footprint:
- All the lighting in the Coach House is low energy, using LED bulbs wherever possible
- We minimise the printing of materials, using online forms and PDFs instead of wasteful brochures and print-outs
- We only use glass bottles and glasses or paper cups to reduce our plastic waste
- We take recycling very seriously, and take immense care to ensure as much waste is recycled as possible
- We use local suppliers whenever possible to minimise delivery miles
- We will also provide suggestions for minimising your wedding footprint, for example:
- We can recycle any leftover stationery
- Wedding dresses and other items of wedding clothing can live wonderful second lives (for example via bridalreloved.co.uk)
- Decorate using recycled materials and dried flowers which can be given away after the event
- Choose in-season food from local producers for your wedding breakfast