There are many different wedding themes to choose from but vintage weddings have really made a comeback of late. Below we share our tips for creating the perfect vintage look!
- Real lace gowns add a pretty vintage feel. Opting for a lace, geometric patterns and intricate buttons will keep your bridal wear looking timeless
- Rather than top hat and tails opt for tweeds and bow ties
- Forget your chintzy china and that collection of jam jars with tea lights. If you want vintage go for trestle tables, tweeds and Kilner cups with pink rose lemonade
- Stay away from round tables with table cloths, chivari chairs and chair covers. Keep it simple with wood. Old trestles are a much prettier alternative
- When choosing flowers, think about what your grandma grew in her garden. Scented stock, roses, peonies and carnations are some old-fashioned standbys. Think about adding wheat for a truly vintage look
- Large metal milk churns are perfect to house all those flowers and foliage
- Add candlelight wherever possible and keep to simple whites and ivories
- Reflect your vintage theme in your entertainment with a show-stopping flapper dance, or perhaps play your music through an old record player. If you want to go with a modern twist you could hire a photo booth full of classic vintage props!